Monday, November 26, 2012

jumping right in...

I guess I'm overdue for some updating around here...  I'm not feeling very witty today, so I'll just give the basics.

After two months on Cl.omid, Joel's numbers got better in some areas and unchanged or worse in others.  Of course we would have liked to see a big improvement, but I'm glad that we gave it a try.

After considering those numbers and taking into account my uncooperative levels, we decided that IVF #2 was the way to go.  We are going away in January and I knew that we would be cutting it close.  After a round of Pr.overa, AF still took her sweet time showing up and it was looking like ET would be days before we left. 

IVF #1, my E2 was all over the place.  Rocketing up early then crashing.  IMO, this effected the quality and quantity we retrieved.  FET #1 my E2 wouldn't rise.  I was up to four patches a day as well as Est.race before we finally got it to a good enough place for transfer.  And if you remember from our most recent attempt at a cycle, my E2 was being a bitch yet again. 

A bunch of different ideas were tossed around for this round but nothing would be 100% decided protocol wise until baseline.  When I got my callback after b/w and u/s that day, I was notified that we were jumping right it. No bcp's, this show was starting.  Antag.onist is the name of the game this time around. 

Today will be night eight of 150 Bra.velle.  Saturday I started 75 Me.nopur with .25 Cet.rotide in the am.  This morning's u/s looked good.  Lining is at a 9 and I have measurable follies on each side (and a ton more that looking to catch up).  Waiting on today's callback with the latest instructions.

So, here's hoping that this Christmas we get the greatest gift of all.

As I wish and dream and pray every day, and look for some kind of sign that this will all work out, I came across this quote which seems very fitting:

“Wish on everything. Pink cars are good, especially old ones. And stars of course, first stars and shooting stars. Planes will do if they are the first light in the sky and look like stars. Wish in tunnels, holding your breath and lifting your feet off the ground. Birthday candles. Baby teeth...”  Francesca Lia Block

1 comment:

C Hunter said...

I do hope you get your christmas wish even if it's way past christmas. We are still in the thick of this whole IVF cost racket.