Friday, April 20, 2012

a year...

It's hard to write when you don't really know what direction you are heading in.  I wouldn't say I'm lost, it's more like I'm wandering.

It hit me last week that it was exactly a year ago that we last cycled.  A year.  In one breath I feel like we have given up... in the next I still contemplate what's next.  I've been holding onto thoughts and feelings with no clear picture of how to release them.  There are some things that you just can't put into words, and other things that are simply just hard to let go of.

With National Infertility Awareness Week rapidly approaching, I thought I would take some time to sort out some of my thoughts on here.  Maybe try to make sense of how I feel.  Maybe just take some time to clear my head. 

I also signed up for IComLeavWe (which I haven't done in forever) so that I could take a glimpse into the challenges that others are facing and to remind myself that I'm not alone in this struggle.  It will also get me writing again which I've been wanting to do, but keep putting off.

So here goes nothing... this upcoming week will be me moving on (or at least not standing still any longer).

"My mama always said you've got to put the past behind you before you move on..." Forest Gump

4 comments:

Laura said...

Here for ICLW! Nice to meet you! Happy to follow along, give my support and let you know you're not alone!

Amy said...

Welcome back. I am sorry for the pain infertility has caused you. I hope in the coming week you find what are you looking for.

Stork Chaser said...

I'm from ICLW and would love to get to know you better so I've tagged you with The Lovely Blog Award. I'll be following your journey- wherever it leads.

Court said...

I just found your blog through ICLW. I love this post. It depicts each stage of what we go through.