Thursday, March 31, 2011

FET...

My ma.cbook got sick.  She needed a new hardrive.  After several painful days without her, I finally call the call from the g.eniousbar that she was all better... and all my shit had been recovered (insert huge sigh of relief here).  But, this kicked me off my router.  I never got around to changing the hexkey to an actual password, and aparently Joel threw away the paper with the code.  I have no interent at home and I'm losing it.  I attempted to reset the router, but our pc disk drive won't open sooo... I'm relying on my phone and work computer until I have the patience to figure out a better solution (or I am just a moron and there is an easy solution?).

So, because of all of that I haven't been able to update yet again.  It's quiet here at work so I figured I would do a bit of catching up...

Last week my E2 was not where they wanted it to be.  I was up'ed to four pacthes and given an estra.ce supp (fun).  After a few days and a couple of monitoring appointments we got the official ok to schedule our FET.

Saturday I began the lovely PIO injections.  I honestly had myself so worked about about them that I broke into tears with the needle in my hand.  Finally I sucked it up and took the plunge (figuratively and literally).  And ya know what?... it wasn't all that bad.  I rubbed the site manually for a few minutes and then sat on a heating pad for a bit as well.  This routine seems to be working for me.  Five days in and I'm doing well.  My ass is certainly sore, but the horror I had made it out to be is pretty comical to me now.

Three of our embabies were thawed on Sunday.  All three survived the thaw but by Monday, one had arrested.  Tuesday we transferred one 6 cell grade 1.5 and one 4 cell grade 1.5.  While she would have liked to see at least 6 cells and ideally 8 on day three, she said that even though they were lagging a bit they looked nearly perfect under the microscope (grade on scale of 1-5 with 1 being the best).

The transfer itself was so super easy.  Dr. G was awesome and talked with us through the whole procedure.  Being able to watch the embies be placed in my uterus was beyond awesome.  (I'll try to post a pic later.)

So, now we wait and pray that at least one of those little ones has decided to stick around for the long haul.  Beta will be on 4/9 which is thankfully a few days earlier than I orginally thought.  I'm back to work today and have a ton of things to do over the coming week which will hopefully help keep me from slowly losing it until next Saturday.

So, today is 2dp3dt = 2 days past 3 day transfer = 5 days past O = 9 days until beta = the countdown has begun...

2 comments:

Megan said...

Still following along on your journey and have all my crossables crossed for you! Being able to see them transferred into you sound very cool!

cjdubs13 said...

Hoping and praying this is it for you!!