Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas... the slacker edition

The week after Thanksgiving we began to receive Christmas cards in the mail from our friends and family. After the umpteeth photo card, my sanity was wavering.  Don't get me wrong, I honestly love seeing the adorable faces of nieces/nephews/cousins/friends/etc... but, there's always that suppressed pang of when will I get to do one of these?

So, one day I turned to Joel and asked if he was up for some fun.  How would he feel about putting a spin on the whole photocard?  We could have a good laugh and hopefully bring a smile to the receivers as well.

The result, in my opinion, was pretty great.  I don't have a scan of the actual card, but here are some of the photos we used :)


Joel's women's mock-neck and vest are quite stylish, no?

We are fully aware that we look like total tools, but we loved every minute of it and have decided to make it our new tradition.  We already have some great ideas in mind for future use.  

And the responses to our cards have all been great.  The laughs are still coming!

As for Christmas itself... It continues to be one of the best days of our year.  Our families and friends are all amazing, and we enjoyed the quality time that we were able to share with all of them.

I hope that each of you is surviving the holidays and looking forward to the new year to come!

"I wish we could put up some of Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month..." Harlan Miller

3 comments:

Mrs Smoke said...

LOVE it! Merry Christmas!

manymanymoons said...

I love the card...such a cute idea.

sulfababy said...

Hahaha! That is awesome!