Wednesday, August 25, 2010

trying...

Today was another one of those days where I would start a post... then erase the post... then start over and end up deleting it all again...

Trying to find the right words for the spinning thoughts... trying to weigh the pros and cons of each of the clinics... trying to figure out when we could cycle... And on top of that I was trying to tackle the mountain that is covering my desk at work... while trying to figure out the right balance of meds for my asthma that decided it wanted to kick me in the balls this week... if all else fails, the raspy voice that this wicked wheezy cough has left me with will make for a great career change as a phone sex operator ;)

And the usual me would be overwhelmed, but today was a fuckit kind of day.  I came home from work and left my worries at the door.  Only after sitting down now to check my blogroll, did I start to revisit my earlier thoughts.  Thinking back about the words that just didn't seem to form to how I was feeling.  And I guess that I've come to the realization that there is only so much I can do.  Over-thinking and over-analyzing aren't going to get me anywhere.  I don't mean to say that I will not continue to look at the options that lie before us, rather I have accepted that I don't need to make any decisions today.  Whether it be tomorrow or two weeks from now, the answers will come to me when the time is right.

This quote gave me good giggle today...
"There are some days I practice positive thinking, and other days I am not positive I am thinking." John M. Eades

2 comments:

sulfababy said...

You described the flurry of thoughts and emotions perfectly. And that is a great quote.

Jess said...

Love the quote. And sometimes, it is very difficult to find the words to right. Sometimes it's best to just blurt it all out and not look back.