Yesterday I skipped out of work a bit early to head to the city for FET consult #2. Our ride into Philly was uneventful and we even lucky enough to find street parking two blocks down from the office.
We didn't have much of a wait and after checking my bp, height, and weight (down 2lbs from consult #1!), we sat down to meet with Dr. G. After reviewing my records she came to the same conclusions about what went wrong and she also felt that even though the cycle should have been been done a little differently, our negative result was probably a case of bad luck.
The FET protocol is the same from all the Dr's I have talked to, so that discussion wasn't a surprise. The main difference was that she would thaw our three day 2's and transfer back two on day 3. If, God forbid, none of those three survived the thaw then we would move on to the day 3's we have. I did ask what she would have me do if we were to do a fresh cycle again and her suggestion would be the long L.upron but she would change the dosages of the stims.
She would like to do her own work-up as expected, but for the most part, we could get started whenever we felt ready. The office is really easy to get to and I am pretty sure that it's location would allow me to take the train in and out for monitoring in the mornings which would be nice. The transfer however is at another office that is quite a bit further, so that will have to be considered as well.
Now comes the difficult part of deciding where to cycle. I thought I would, but I really don't have a "feeling" for one over the other. I know that I don't need to decide today, but I was hoping for some kind of something to help me make up my mind. So, we'll lay it all out and try to work it all out, and hopefully sometime very soon we will be moving in the right direction.
"Good plans shape good decisions. That's why good planning helps to make elusive dreams come true." Lester R. Bittel