Tuesday, August 31, 2010

busy...

It was a busy weekend.  We had yet another wedding on Friday evening (we seriously have more weddings than anyone I know), and I spent Saturday and Sunday doing a ton around the house (it's amazing what new curtains can do for a room).

Being so busy, I didn't really have much time to think about making a decision, but as I lay in bed on Saturday night it just came to me.  The clinics have only slight differences in what they see fit for us and I can totally understand both sides.  What seemed to make the the choice for me is that the Philly clinic seems a bit more personal - more time with the actual Dr.  Add to that the simple fact that it will be super easy to get in and out of the city for monitoring in the am via the train and the choice seemed a bit clearer. 

I talked it over with Joel and he feels comfortable with this choice as well.  We figure we'll give AF a chance to rear her ugly head (hopefully on her own), and then schedule my day3's and the other testing Dr. G wants to perform.  From there we'll get going with the FET... I'm thinking that will be Octoberish.

Oddly enough, after making this choice, I woke up yesterday feeling crampy.  AF has not showed yet and the cramps could have been a fluke, but I am hoping and praying that she makes an appearance soon.

And I must say that I have felt great the past few days.  My spirit seems restored.  Maybe with the cleaning and refreshing of the house this weekend, a little cleaning and refreshing of my soul happened along the way...

"One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged.  Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself."  Lucille Ball

No comments: