Wednesday, February 3, 2010

ER update...

I've been crazy busy since Monday so I haven't had a chance to get on here and give an ER update.

Our ER was scheduled for 1245pm on Monday.  I don't think they finally knocked me out till close to 2.  I woke up with some pain, but the nurse added some pain meds to my IV and the pain changed to more of a cramping pretty quickly.  They let us know that they retrieved 14 eggs and sent us on our way.

14.  While I know it is a great number, I was honestly a little disappointed.  Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled for what we have, but I was showing so many follies on my scans... what happened?  I know Dr B was afraid of over-stimming me, but I don't know... it is what it it at this point.  I don't mean that to sound ungrateful.

I threw up the whole ride home.  Mr was a serious trooper, I know it couldn't have been easy to drive while listening to me.  I also developed a bit of a fever, but after laying in bed most of the day I was finally feeling human again.

Overall, I feel pretty good. I have been chugging gatorade like a champ and just taking it easy.  I actually managed to lose a pound or two, but you wouldn't know by looking at me.  I seriously look about 5 months pregnant.  The bloat is insane.  I'll have to get a pic up.

Tuesdays Fert Report let us know that 9 of the 14 were mature.  With the help of ICSI, 7 of those fertilized.  It was decided to freeze 3 immediately and have the other 4 fight their way to the top spots :)

As of 9am this morning, we had 1-2cell and 3-3cell embies growing.

Our transfer is scheduled for 930am tomorrow and we have decided to transfer 2.  So, in the meantime, I'll continue to pray that we have 4 rockstars doing their thing right now... grow embies, grow... Momma wants to meet you :)

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

That's so exciting! My fingers are crossed for you and your embies!

Baby On Mind said...

All the best at tomorrow's transfer!

AplusB said...

Wishing you the best on the transfer and hoping for a positive shortly after! Good luck!

Shanny said...

Oh yay good luck!!!!
We had transfers on the same day =)

Mrs.Laker said...

Oh, I can't wait to hear happy results!! :)