Monday, January 4, 2010

Rare sighting...

There was a rare sighting at the RE today... a couple laughing in the waiting room.

Mr and I met at the office today for our injects class and while we waited to be called back we sat and talked and joked and laughed (we were the only ones in the waiting area so we weren't bothering anyone).  At one point a few of the nurses heard part of our conversation and joined in on the laughs.

Anytime I go to the RE it is such a quiet place.  But today, for the first time in awhile, I was able to take a deep breath and smile.  While our situation blows, it is not the end of the world and it has taught us so much about ourselves and each other.  We have grown as individuals and even more importantly as a couple.

The visit continued to keep my spirits up.  I have talked to a few of the IVF nurses on the phone, but today was the first time that I got to meet one in person.  The nurse we had for our injects class today was awesome to say the least.  She seemed genuinely excited for us and put us at ease immediately.

I could be shooting myself up with Lupron by next week.  Next week!  Holy shit.  After a year of not being able to do anything, we are finally moving forward.

We have a few unanswered questions that need attention, but with a little luck and a lot of prayers, things will fall into place...

4 comments:

Hopeful34 said...

GL with your shots! They aren't bad once you get used to doing them. I used to be scared of needles. Still can't watch them go in but i do them like a pro now. You'll do fine!! Laughing is a good thing. It should be done more often...hard to come by while your struggling like this isn't it..hoping 2010 is your year!!

Shanny said...

I'm glad that your spirits are up! I'm wishing you good luck my dear. I started Lupron this week myself, not that bad, but I cheated and numb the area with ice cause I'm freaked out of needles. I shot myself though, so its simple enough. Yay for things moving forward for you, crossing my fingers =)

Tiffany said...

I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Jen J. said...

GL - praying that this is your cycle!!