Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Congestion...

From a cold, to the flu, to several bouts with bronchitis that sent this asthmatic to the ER... it never fails, I have been sick for Christmas every year, for as long as I can remember.  No matter what precautions I have taken, this time of year always seems to kick my ass in the health department.

Mr was sick last week and I really thought that I had beat it.  His cold or whatever it was, was not going to get me.  I should have known better.

It totally blindsided me yesterday.  This congestion is awful, I would like nothing more than to drill a hole into my sinuses.  I have taken more cold medicine in the past 24 hours than is probably recommended, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

I have a hot date with a shot of N.yquil tonight and am hoping tomorrow I am able to once again breathe out of my nose.

I will not be sick for Christmas!

4 comments:

theimpatientoptimist said...

Thanks for visitng my blog. I hope your cold gets better ASAP!

Life Happens said...

I hope you feel better and get to enjoy your Christmas!!

The Jerseymooners said...

Feel better! I recommend Mucinex for congestion : )

Merry Christmas!

Half of a Duo, Raising a Duo said...

oh honey ICLW and am with you on the sickness.

I have been going to bed w/my twin sons (via traditional surrogacy) at like 7 at night every night and crashing.

Then dedicating myself to bringing hope love and joy to all ICLWers.

Including you.

hugs!