Monday, December 21, 2009

Black hole...

Target, well... its like a black hole.  You go in for shampoo and 2 hours and a hundred bucks later you wonder what the hell you just bought.

I went a little nuts there today.  I went to pick up something that I had been meaning to get for my niece, and came home with several things for her and more items for each of my three nephews.

And as I showed Mr all of the things that I just had to get for them, I realized that I had to have these gifts because buying for them and making them happy, makes not having a child of my own a little less painful right now.

I know that Christmas Eve and Day are going to be a bit tougher than I have prepared myself for, but seeing the joy on my nephews' and niece's faces will help, even if just a little, to heal the ache...

8 comments:

The Jerseymooners said...

I so agree about Target! That's happened to me too many times.

Good luck with your new plans. I'll be sending positive energy your way!

Merry Christmas

[cre] said...

I went to Wal Mart the other day (we don't have a Target within a 75 mile radius) just for dog food and laundry detergent. $100 later I was walking out with a dumbfounded look feeling like I was just robbed. It sucks.

Merry Christmas & thank you for stopping by my blog!!

Kelli said...

This happens to me all the time...I should just turn the paycheck over to them when I walk in the door! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comments. Hope that this holiday is filled with hope and peace and joy...and the fun of having those precious nieces and nephews around to celebrate with.

All the best to you. Merry Christmas!

**ICLW**

Al said...

I love Target and I always end up buying more then I intend to.

I know what you mean about going a little over the top for kids in your life...I go crazy when it's my niece's bday or xmas, everything is soo adorable and I can't pick just one thing.

Best of luck as you start on IVF...I hope you get a BFP very soon.

Parenthood For Me said...

Sometimes I purposely avoid going to target b/c I know I will be weak:) That place can make you justify buying just about anything. ICLW

Marla.z said...

The same thing happens to me when I go into Target. Hmmmmm, now I'm suspicious. Do you think they hypnotze every single person that walks in the front door to buy everything in sight?

LIL MAMA said...

walmart has the same effect on me, lol

sending you many hugs and blessings, i hope youhave awonderful christmas and see christmas through your niece and nephews eyes

ICLW hugs

Infertile said...

I've been going a little overboard for my nieces and nephews this year, too. But hell, we deserve to have some fun buying for the kids, too!

Hope you get to feeling better for the holiday and good luck with your fertility journey. Especially that you and your husband stay strong as a team and open to communication. I have a clam up husband, too, and boy can it be frustrating! ;)

Oh, I adore Target. I've been there every day this week. I used to work there while I was engaged. I used to joke my husband married me for the discount..

**ICLW**