Saturday, November 21, 2009

Decision...

We finally talked it out...

Seeing as I am on CD87, it is not very likely that AF is going to show on her own.  I was really trying to hold out... to have control over this one last thing... but I am throwing in the towel.

We made the decision that come Monday morning I will call in and schedule an appointment for a new consultation.  It has been more than six months since we last spoke to the Dr. and I think that rehashing some aspects of our case will do us both some good.  The main thing will be to request a repeat SA.  If the results come back for the better, than we will lean towards an IUI cycle... but if there is no change then we will give IVF the green light.

The being in limbo was really starting to wear me down.  I was feeling lost.  When dealing with IF there are so few things that you are actually in control of and it is easy to lose yourself in the chaos.  I feel so much better just knowing that we have a plan.

So, heres to hoping that Monday is finally a step in the right direction...

11 comments:

Andie said...

Good luck with your appointment. Limbo land is a horrible place to be. A plan at least makes us feel like we have some semblance of control over IF.

Good luck and happy ICLW!

Hopeful34 said...

GL with your appt. A plan is good. Sounds like your's is a good one. GL!!

hopingforababy said...

Good luck with your decision making.
I felt the same way over the summer when we decided to take a few months to try on our own. Like you said, I hated not having control of the situation. I am looking forward to taking FULL control if/when we go for IVF. Best wishes!

JC said...

Hi, thanks for commenting on my blog!
I'm glad you have a plan and an appt. I know it's hard that we have no "control" over getting pregnant and what our bodies do but we can decide what treatments to do and have control over that. I hope things start looking up very soon!

wait, what? said...

Plans are good! They really do help since most of IF is out of our control. Good luck tomorrow.

myaruminations said...

A plan does wonders to retuning some control to the process. Good luck with your appointment.

ICLW

Mrs Bee said...

Good luck with your appointment!!

There is nothing worse then a runaway period!!

Happy ICLW!

Sass

Melissa said...

Very cool - good luck with your appointment! Being stuck in limbo is hard but having a plan is a great way to get out of there!

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

ICLW

Nine said...

I know how awful being in limbo is so I'm glad you have a new plan. Best of luck! here via ICLW!

Marla.z said...

Good luck with your appt. Sometimes, it seems that IVF would be the best choice for a couple, and anything other than that (medicated IUI's) is just wasted money. While I don't know all your details, IVF seems like your best option. {You live in NJ, so you do have IF coverage, right? Sooooo jealous} ;)

Your story intrigues me, so I will be following.

ICLW

Ashley said...

I hope having a plan will make you feel better, I know it did for me!!

Good luck!

*ICLW*