Monday, October 26, 2009

Reminder...

This weekend was just what the Dr ordered...

I spent Friday night at homecoming with my sorority sisters. Those girls know how to pick you up, slap you around, and send you merrily on your way. They brought me back to reality. They made me smile. They made me breath...

Saturday we celebrated the birthday of one of my dearest friends. Good friends, good food, good drinks, good times.

This weekend was a reminder of how lucky I am. I know that some days are going to be better than others... and on the not so good days, I have amazing friends and family to help me along the way.

I shelled out some advice to a friend recently and need to throw it right back at myself...

"Life moves along. Some days we are running to catch up with it and others we are at the vortex of the tornado, stuck in a time free-haze where everything on the outside is flying by and all we can do is sit frozen. All we can do is keep breathing... one day at a time... one foot in front of the other. Don't let the crap days outshine the good ones... this life has a lot to offer."

1 comment:

Hope Springs said...

Visiting from Mel's comment-chaining game, and that piece of advice is exactly what I needed to hear today - thank you. And I hope your present and future good days vastly outshine and outnumber your crap days.